How transition from dark life to biochemical life could have taken place?
Ulla gave in the comment section of previous posting a link to article Hydrogen cyanide polymers, comets and the origin of life helping me to discover a new big gap in my knowledge about biology. HCN is everywhere and Miller demonstrated in his classic experiments
that 11 out of 20 amino-acids emerge in presence of HCN. It has been later found that well over 20 amino-acids were produced. In my own belief system amino-acids could have appeared first as concrete something "real" and DNA as symbolic representations of this something "real". First at dark matter level and then biochemically.
In TGD Universe one can imagine - with inspiration coming partially from Pollack's experiments - that dark variants DNA, RNA and amino-acids were realized first as dark proton sequences at flux tubes- dark nuclei - I call them just dark DNA, RNA and amino-acids although dark proton sequences are in question. The genetic machinery involving translation and transcription was realized as dark variant and dark DNA was a symbolic representation for dark amino-acids.
How did this dark life give rise to bio-chemical life as its image? This is the question! I can only imagine some further questions.
- Was this process like master teaching to a student a skill? Master does it first, and then student mimics. If so, the emergence of amino-acids, mRNA and DNA polymers would not have been purely chemical process. Dark variants of these polymers would have served as templates for the formation of ordinary basic biopolymers, for transcription, and for translation. These templates might have been necessary in order to generate long RNA and DNA sequences: mere chemistry might have not been able to achieve this. Without dark polymers one obtains only bio-monomers, with dark polymers as template one obtains also bio-polymers. Dark polymers would have been the plan, biopolymers the stuff used to build.
- Are dark DNA, RNA, amino-acids, etc indeed still there and form binary structures with their biochemical variants as I have indeed proposed?
- Are dark translation and transcription processes still an essential part of ordinary translation and transcription? Master-student metaphor suggest that these dark processes actually induce them just like replication of magnetic body could induce the replication of DNA or cell. Visible chemistry would only make visible the deeper "dark chemistry". Apologies for all biochemists who have done heroic work in revealing chemical reaction paths!;-)
How the process assigning biochemical life to dark life could have proceeded? The minimalistic guess is that the only thing that happened was that dark life made itself gradually visible! As a consciousness theoretician I have a temptation to see religious statements as hidden metaphors, at least they provide an excellent manner to irritate skeptics: Dark matter - "the God" made us- the biological life - to its own image;-).
- First dark amino-acid sequences were accompanied by ordinary amino-acid sequences so that the dark translation process had now a visible outcome. At this step the presence of HCN was crucial and made the step unavoidable. Also the presence of template was necessary.
- Dark mRNA got a visible counterpart in the same manner: the presence of template made possible long RNA polymers. The translation remained basically dark process but made visible by mRNA.
- Dark DNA got a visible companion: again the presence of the template was and still is crucial.
- There is evidence that early Earth atmosphere contained less reducing molecules than thought during times of Miller. If life emerged in the underground water reservoirs as TGD strongly suggests, the usual atmosphere was absent and there are good hopes about reducing atmosphere.
- The experiments using reducing gases besides those used in Miller's experiments produce both left and right handed polymers so that chiral selection is missing. This is not a surprise since weak interactions generate extremely small parity breaking for visible matter. If dark proton strings or even dark nuclei are involved, the Compton length of weak gauge bosons can be of the order of atomic length scale or even longer and weak interactions would be as strong as electromagnetic interactions. Therefore chiral selection becomes possible. The simplest option is that chirality selection occurred already for the helical magnetic flux tubes and induced that of biopolymers.